Students! Are you needing to take the ACT but not sure where to begin? Homewood Public Library is here for you!!!
We offer a variety of ways to help you prepare. We have traditional study guides, to online practice to live virtual workshops lead by those in the know! Keep reading and see what works for you!
Virtual ACT PREP Events
- Thursday, April 08: 6:00pm – 7:30pm via Zoom – Virtual ACT English/Reading Bootcamp – via Zoom
- Saturday, April 10: 10:00am – 2:00pm via Zoom – Online ACT Practice Test with Princeton Review
- Monday, April 12: 6:00pm – 7:30pm via Zoom – Virtual ACT Math Bootcamp
- Sunday, May 02: 10:00am – 2:00pm via Zoom – Online ACT Practice Test with Princeton Review
- Thursday, May 6: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm via Zoom – Virtual ACT Science Bootcamp
- Saturday, May 8, from 2:30-4 p.m. via Zoom – Virtual ACT Writing Bootcamp May 8
- Saturday, May 15: 10:00am – 2:00pm – Online ACT Practice Test with Princeton Review
- Saturday, June 5, from 2:30-4 p.m. via Zoom – Virtual ACT Math Bootcamp June 5
- Monday, June 14: 10:00am – 2:00pm – Online ACT Practice Test with Princeton Review
EBSCO Learning Express Library
**This service is free to Homewood Public Library patrons. You must set up a separate account. Please have your library card on hand to make the process easier**
Organized into targeted learning centers, EBSCO Learning Express Library e-resource supports those looking to improve core academic skills, pass the GED®, prepare for college, join the military, obtain occupational certification, find a job, change careers, become a U.S. citizen and much more.
The College Admissions Test Preparation module helps students prepare for important exams:
- Prepare for Your ACT® Test
- Prepare for Your SAT® Test
- Prepare for Your PSAT/NMSQT® Test
- Prepare for Your AP® Exam
- Prepare for the TOEFL iBT® and IELTS™ Tests
- College Admissions Essay Writing
To set-up your Learning Express Library, click HERE
Check Out a Book from HPL!
We have study guides and other resources specifically for students getting ready for the ACT!
ACT prep plus 2021. (Kaplan)
ACT prep 2020 (Kaplan)
ACT prep 2019. (Kaplan)
ACT prep (Princeton Review 2019)
ACT prep plus (Kaplan 2018)
ACT 36 : aiming for the perfect score / Alexander Spare, M.A., Ann Summers, M.A., Jonathan Pazol, M.S
Up your score ACT : the underground guide. (Workman Publishing)